Part of this makeover included the replacement of the single supplied pilot with a
pair of Williams Bros. items, which I reworked to improve the realism.
All the color is in place, with
separation edges softened
using an airbrush. The paint
covers extremely well.
I made up artwork to duplicate the markings for my chosen T- 28 and sent it off to
Callie Graphics for conversion to self-adhesive vinyl. They did an amazing job!
color paint you want, and my store
already had the FS-595 colors in
its database! About half an hour
and only $16 later, I had all the
colors needed for my project.
The paints were used straight out
of the bottle, with no thinning
required. I applied the bottom
gray (two coats) first to all the
undersurfaces, followed by the
upper surface tan (two coats), and
set the model aside to dry for
24 hours. The color demarcation
line depicted in my documentation
was roughly approximated as
I knew I would be “cleaning it
up” later. Again referring to my
documentation, I used a soft pencil
to draw the camo pattern color-
separation lines directly on the
surface of the model. I then applied
the two remaining colors—the
edges done using a quality brush
and a foam-pad brush filling in the
Some areas might require a
second coat depending on the
kind of coverage you’ve achieved.
After the basic scheme had been
applied, I went back over all the
How to Easy Warbird makEovEr